At Alaska Physical Therapy Specialists, a comprehensive evaluation of your cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine pain will be performed which will include an assessment of your posture, range of motion, coordination, strength, joint and soft tissue mobility, neurological screening as needed and clinical special testing to help determine the tissue that is injured. We will identify specific structures that may be causing pain or delaying healing. Your therapist will work with you to understand your goals and develop a treatment plan to achieve those goals through physical therapy. Our treatments have an individualized, patient-centered focused. All treatments are one-on-one so you can expect to receive optimal care during each treatment session.
Includes care for:
- Cervical pain and strains
- Thoracic/mid back pain and strains
- Lumbar pain and strains
- Herniated discs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar stenosis
- Sciatica – neurological buttock or leg pain
- Radiculopathy – radiating pain to the arms or legs which typically originates from the cervical or lumbar spine
- Whiplash associated cervical pain
- Muscle spasms/strains
- Lumbar pain and possibly sciatica during pregnancy and post-partum
- Post-surgical care – laminectomies, fusions, decompressions
Treatments will include manual physical therapy comprised of joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization and manual trigger point dry needling, neuromuscular recruitment to strength training, range of motion work, sleeping posture and daily activity performance problem solving, endurance exercises, stretching, kinesiotaping and postural education. We will develop an individualized and comprehensive home exercise program to help you achieve your goals.